THE PICTON GARDEN, Colwall

The Picton Garden occupies a large area of Old Court Nurseries, where Ernest Ballard first grew his Perennial Asters or Michaelmas Daisies in 1906. Plants raised by Ballard and those of many other breeders now grow in the garden as part of the Plant Heritage Collection of Autumn Flowering Asters, specifically cultivars of Symphyotrichum novii-belgii.

cultivars of Symphyotrichum novii-belgii with mixed perennials beyond
Symphyotrichum novi-belgii cultivars – more than 120 years of breeding has resulted in a diverse multitude of plants in various heights and colours, combining to give us one of the best floral displays in the early autumn months.